The main sign of male infertility is being unable to conceive a child. Many men experience no other obvious symptoms, though an underlying problem (an inherited disorder, hormonal imbalance, condition) may cause signs.
Possible male infertility signs and symptoms are:
- Issues with sexual function (difficulty with ejaculation, lowered sexual desire, erectile dysfunction)
- Pain or swelling in the testicle area
- Persistent respiratory infections
- Decreased facial or body hair, which may be a sign of a hormonal abnormality
- Lowered sperm count
There are many potential reasons for male infertility, ranging from medical to environmental to lifestyle causes. Reasons for male infertility may include:
- Sperm disorders
- Obstruction of the sperm passageway
- Retrograde ejaculation
- Dilated scrotal veins
Many couples have more than one cause of infertility, so seeing a physician is the best way to determine the cause and your next step.